Severe Trauma (Oodles of Awards)

I’m still recovering from Mrs. Sparkly* and what do these people do?  They slap a few more awards on me.  I sigh and accept them philisophically.

AAH, MY EYES! GET IT OFF!

This is the first one.  Absolutely hideous, don’t you agree?  It’s pink, it has a floral pattern, and the spelling…  Horrid!  Absolutely horrid!  Lashings of apologies for anyone severely traumatised by this.  Thanks– I think– to Lily at Lily’s Notes in the margins.

The ever-present rules:  I must answer ten questions (Urg!).  I must give ten random facts (Blechh!).  I must pass it on to seven doomed recipients (Gladly!).

What is your favorite song?  Beethoven’s fifth symphony.  Hands down.

What is your favorite dessert?  I dunno…  Probably Banana Chocolate Surprise– sold at a restaurant near… me.  Not you.

What ticks you off?  Bad spelling, bad grammar, boring music, and bad assumptions.  Who couldn’t be distressed with bad spelling when faced with the title of this award?  “Kreativ?”  Really?  You could have gotten a better-named– and a better-spelled– award if a preschooler had invented it.  If I find the guy who invented this thing, he’s going to regret it.  Unless he pays me off with a hefty bribe.  (Corruptibility– gotta love it.)

When you’re upset, what do you do?  I usually go read.  Or sulk.  I spend time with myself.

What is your favorite pet?  The kind where you go from the front of the animal to the back. It goes with the fur, scale, or feather direction.

Which do you prefer: black or white?  Exactly in-between.  Grey.  Black at a pinch.

What is your attitude?  What, right now?  I’m pretty miffed at the stupidity of this award.  But generally I’m lighthearted.  Mr. Sunshine, that’s me.

What is perfection?  The absence of this award from my life.  Silence.  A month ago, I would have said the three R’s: Rick Riordan’s ‘Riting.  Now I’m not so sure.  Post on that coming up.  Maybe.

What is your guilty pleasure?  Finding fault.  I’m good at it.  But it makes me feel guilty.

Now for some facts:

1. I like the idea of learning a new language, but not to the point of actually learning it.
  2. I don’t like putting pictures on my blog.  (I blame Mrs. Sparkly.)
  3. I count the numbers of letters in words, the number of characters in sentences, and occasionally (when reading Shakespeare) the number of syllables in sentences.  Iambic pentameter, you understand.
  4. I like spaghetti.  Everyone likes spaghetti.  Those who don’t become models for my antagonists.
  5. I like stories about writing.  Inkheart, The Fire Within, Stranger than Fiction, Finding Neverland, to name a few.
  6. I’m a hypocrite when it comes to romance.  I say I don’t like it, then use it while writing.  Especially ironic when I wrote romance into the Phil Phorce episode… in which Liam is a subject.  I’ll let you see for yourself, however.  And yes, I’m working on it.
  7. I really have better things to do, but I’m stuck writing these stupid facts for this stupid award because if I don’t I’ll forget.
  8. I’d rather be writing Phil Phorce.
  9. I’d rather be writing Wise.
  10. I will be writing either– or both– just after this.

Tsk, tsk.  Another award.

At least this one is spelled right….

And look: this one has rules too.  I said ever-present before, right?

Rules:

1. This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
  2. Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay)
  3. You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.

“Lucky book blogs [I] adore…”  No accounting for choice of words.  So I must only list five favorite books for this.  Oh, joy.  I live for these awards, did you know that?  (Oh, sarcasm…)

1. The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas
  2. The Serpent’s Shadow, Rick Riordan
  3. The Lost Stories (Ranger’s Apprentice series), John Flanagan
  4. The Fire Ascending, Chris D’Lacey
  5. Inkdeath, Cornelia Funke

There are probably more, but as I’ve mentioned once or twice I’m not too keen on drawing these award ceremonies out any longer than necessary.  I’m kind of over my time limit as it is.

So.  Joint nominations for both awards here:

The Leaning Tower of Plot.

All I Need Is A Keyboard.

The Land of Man-Eating Pixies.

Musings from Neville’s Navel.

Seana J. Vixen.

Further Up and Further In.

A Farewell To Sanity.

I suppose I must notify them now…  And I suppose you’ve noticed by now that I’m not the most enthusiastic recipient of these awards.  Don’t be scared off, though.  They’re welcome diversions in the never-ending months of sanity.

*Mrs Sparkly: an award I got a while back with the most hideous picture I ever did see.  Butterflies, roses, and a large sparkly necklace.  Horrible.  I shudder to think of it.

1. Thanks! *hugs*

2. Hi there Mr. Sunshine, I’m Mrs Sarcasim, have we meat?

*snicker giggles* I feel your pain, and yet with psudo delight await for the postings from the three blogs I follow that you have nominated (while breathing a sigh of reilf it’s not me, and crossing my fingers and hoping it won’t be me next… I’ve probably just given them a reason to do so.)

:} Cathryn

• Well, never fear; I’ll be visiting your blog presently and will make sure you get an award eventually. You’ll get your share of pain, don’t you fret.

• Hm… Well there are five wendesys in amonth every so often. I’m begining to fill up my other four a month with scheduled themes… the horros of being an adult with very little time. :}

(wait did I just admit I was an adult… *giggles*)

• So you’re a strict schedule person. Funny. It was only recently that I restricted my blogging to one post every other day, instead of one or two per day.
        And yes, it’s rather obvious by now from the comments you’ve left. I say, hoping that it won’t cause offense, that your spelling rather makes you look like a teenage girl. No offense to anyone we know, either.

• Yes, my ability to typo and misspell words is my worst weakness whenit coems to being a writer. thankfully I suround myself with people like Miriam and Charley and my hubby who wouldn’t let anything get by in a profesional peice of work.

Besides on the inside, I’m still a giggling teenager with mischief in her eeys and fun in her heart. :}

Well mostly strictly, I have waivered from it, but it’s all I can keep up with. As it is I spend way more time on the internet than I should at work. I just find the awards as annoying as you do. :}

• Indeed x3.

3. Ah, nominated – what horror! 😉 I don’t mind awards, it gives me something to say, and goodness knows I sometimes don’t have anything.
    If you like stories about writing, have you read ‘Misery’ by Stephen King? I’ve read a couple of his books, but that was the only one I liked (in fact I stayed up until half one to find out if the guy lived). That’s about a writer who … well, I won’t give it away 😀

• Huh… I might try it, but I haven’t heard pleasant things about Mr. King.

• Mr. King is a good author, if your into horror and that sort of thing. I haven’t read any of his books because of the nightmares they are likely to give me. Misery was made into a movie.

However, I do reccomend Mr.King’s Book “On Writing” – he’s pretty hilarious as he talks about how he became a writer and some of the work that’s involved. I found it especially nice to hear his characters also plague him – well more in that he writes best when they take over the stroy and do things even he didn’t expect. :}

• Well, I’m not a fan of horror stories, so forgive me if I don’t rush to pick up anything of his. I’ve got enough on my plate right now.

• Exactly why the only book of his I’ve ever read was that ‘On Writing’ book I mentioned. :}

4. Why thank you, Liam! I shall fill out this form immediately and shoo it off to bother some other people as well.

/  May 29, 2012

DEATH TO THE SPARKILES! *stabs them viciously*

Thanks for hte nomination! 😀

6. I like spaghetti. It’s amazing.

• Indeed. Making spaghetti is the one skill all evil masterminds need to master before they embark on world domination.

• What about yodelling? You can’t take over the world without yodelling–and if you did, where would the fun be in it?

• Indeed. Yodelling and spaghetti… Those two make a killer combination. Just don’t yodel while eating the spaghetti. The last dictator who tried that died before he could launch his invasion.

• Was it Stalin?

• No, obviously not because Stalin got quite a lot done before his demise. Of course, he was quite mad by the time he popped off, raving about wolves…

7. I do not like spaghetti. It makes me nauseous. Also. Thank you for the awards, dear. I’ll acknowledge them when my blog is back up and running.

8. So, my plan of combining two awards to spread mass trauma and discontent throughout the blogosphere has succeeded. Excellent. MWAHAHAHAHA!

9. So I’m finally stopping by here to say thank you for this award. So thank you! (I think.) I have no excuse only to say that I intended to thank you sooner, but didn’t. Your sarcasm in this post was highly amusing, sir.

I normally don’t do awards either, but whenever I receive one it’s a weird mix of annoyance and happiness. It *does* give me warm fuzzy feelings which, like you say, greatly reminds me of eating a microwaved snuggie. And speaking of microwaved snuggies, my apologies for making you eat one. The bonus of this is, of course, that I shall be keeping up with your blog posts in my inbox from now on.

• You’re welcome. And yes, my feigned distaste in this post was, in fact, feigned. (You’d never know, especially after I say “feigned distaste”, that it was feigned.) Awards make me feel warm and fuzzy too… and annoyed.
      And no apologies are necessary. Microwaved Snuggies make me feel warm and fuzzy, so the brief choking sensation is worth it. (Though when the subscriber viciously shoves the Snuggy down my throat, it gets rather… messy.)

• Ha! Well, your feigned distaste is quite convincing, let me assure you.

I’ll have to try eating a microwaved snuggie sometime. 😀

And heaven forbid anyone should shove a snuggie down your throat! O.o Vicious reader, that must have been. Gosh, people should really be more polite sometimes.

• I know, especially when they’re looking to find more of my writing. You’d think people would appreciate it.

• People just don’t appreciate good writing these days. *shakes head sadly* Actually, there’s a grain of truth to that sentence, and *that* is what makes it truly sad…

Btw, I wrote back to your comment on my latest blog post. Just wanted to let you know since I don’t know whether you’d check back for a response. Thanks for commenting!

• Okay, I’ll look. You’re welcome, by the way; I comment on the blogs of people who I want to comment back, just as I want people to comment on my blog before I comment on theirs.